At the International Office, we award the "Hochschule International" scholarship to international students in financial need. Further scholarship funds are not available to us. Therefore, we recommend not to count on this option only, but carefully read through the information below and also apply for scholarships from external institutions. For these, your own initiative is required. We will provide you with information on where you can search.
Scholarship "Hochschule International"
The scholarship is funded by the Bavarian State Ministry of Sciences and Arts and serves to promote internationalization at Bavarian universities. The International Office offers the "Hochschule International" scholarship to students in financial need with good academic performance.
Please read the following information carefully, as the scholarship is only available to a specific group of students.
- enrolment in a Bachelor's program at the HNU (Master's students cannot apply)
- actual presence at the HNU for study purposes (i.e. you are neither doing an internship nor writing your thesis in a company), in times of corona the digital participation in studies is valid as well
- university entrance qualification obtained abroad
- advanced studies, at least 3rd semester (and at most two semesters above the standard period of study)
- ideally good academic performances
- financial need
- signed scholarship application
- certificate of enrolment
- grades cerificates (transcript of records ot the HNU)
- curriculum vitae
- letter of motivation
- evidence of nationality (e.g. passport copy)
- marriage certificate (if applicable)
- children's birth certificate (if applicable)
- further evidence (if applicable, e.g. social commitment, prices won etc.)
How to define "financial need"?
"Financial need" is assessed according to the maximum rate of the currently valid BAföG regulations (opens in a new window). For example, if you do not live with your parents and are legally insured, the following regulations apply:
- you have less than 853 euros per month at your disposal
- if you are married, the amount increases by 570 euros
- for each child the amount increases by further 520 euros
Questions regarding financial need can be addressed directly to the responsible BAföG-Office Studentenwerk Augsburg (opens in a new window).
Grant amount and maximum funding period
- The amount of your scholarship is between 100 and 300 euros per month and will be transferred as a one-off payment.
- Your scholarship is determined according to your qualifications and financial situation and depends on the available funds and the number of applicants. Therefore the amount of the scholarship can vary from semester to semester.
- Please note that there is no legal entitlement to a scholarship.
- The scholarship application must be renewed each semester.
- The maximum duration of the scholarship is three years (corresponds to 6 applications).
Please send your application documents by e-mail. You will be informed by e-mail about two weeks after the application deadline whether you have been selected for a scholarship.