Department of Business and Economics
The Department of Business and Economics offers a steadily growing number of courses and seminars at either bachelor or master's level taught in English.
Information and tips on course selection
- Exchange students may choose courses from all departments, degree programmes and semesters.
- Bachelor students may only take courses at Bachelor level.
- Master's students may take any course from the English master's programmes.
- You must have the required competencies stated in the course descriptions. Our internationalisation officers check these as part of the application process.
- Some courses are only offered in either winter or summer semester.
- If not enough students register, courses can be cancelled.
- Wherever there is a single number of ECTS given behind a course name, it is possible to take single courses from a module. Otherwise, students must take the entire module.
- We recommend to choose courses with a workload of 15 to maximum of 30 ECTS. Please follow the guidelines of your home university.
- For courses taught in German (other than German language courses), please contact the International Office.
- Do not forget to clarify the recognition of the courses with your home university in advance.
Degree Programmes with courses taught in English
Business Management (Bachelor of Arts)
- 1150200: Financial Decision-Making (6 ECTS)
- 1182137: Process-Oriented Organizations (3 ECTS) (only in summer semester)
Study Block: International Management and Leadership
- 1182115: International Finance and Risk Management (3 ECTS)
- 1182116: Internationalization processes (3 ECTS)
- 1182114: International Management Accounting (3 ECTS)
Module: International Marketing (Students need to take both courses)
Study Block: International Logistics
Module: Quantitative Methods for Logistics (Only in winter semester)
Module: Qualitative Methods and Skills for Logistics (Only in winter semester, students need to take both courses)
Study Block: Entrepreneurship
Module: Concepts of Innovation Management & Entrepreneurship (Only in winter semester)
- 1182213: Basics and Trends of Innovation Management (2 ECTS)
- 1182214: Basics of Entrepreneurship (3 ECTS)
Module: Application of Entrepreneurship (Only in winter semester, students need to take both courses)
Business Psychology (Bachelor of Science)
Social Entrepreneurship for Sustainable Development (Master of Arts)
Exchange students can choose from all courses of the Master degree programme "Social Entrepreneurship for Sustainable Development" (M.A) (opens in a new window)
- 5210100: Development Economics – Theories, Actors and Models (5 ECTS)
- 5210200: Global & Regional Development Geography (5 ECTS)
- 5210300: Introduction to Sustainability Management (5 ECTS)
- 5210400: Economic and Business Ethics (5 ECTS)
- 5210500: Research Lab: Qualitative Research Methods (5 ECTS)
- 5210500: Design Thinking for Social Entrepreneurship (5 ECTS)
- 5220100: Project Management in Development Cooperations (5 ECTS)
- 5220200: Entrepreneurship and Development Management (5 ECTS)
- 5220300: Sustainable Finance Management (5 ECTS)
- 5220400: Circular Economy and Resource Management (5 ECTS)
- 5220500: Social Entrepreneurship and Impact (5 ECTS)
- 5220600: Business Model Generation for Social Businesses (5 ECTS)
- 5230100: Post-Development and Alternatives to Development (5 ECTS)
- 5230200: Sustainable Supply Chain Management (5 ECTS)
- 5230300: Innovation Project Lab (5 ECTS)
Master of Advanced Management (Master of Science)
Do you have questions about the course content or courses taught in German?
Please contact the Internationalisation Officers of our departments. They will be happy to advise you on the courses. If you have any general or organisational questions regarding the choice of courses, please contact the International Office.