Why Neu-Ulm and the HNU?
You are probably wondering: why should I study in Neu-Ulm? It is just a small and unknown town, isn't it? Where is it located at all? In our gallery we show you 5 good reasons why you should choose the HNU. By the way, this list is based on feedback from former exchange students.
Five reasons for an exchange semester at the HNU
Video "Five reasons for an exchange semester at the HNU"
Tip: active subtitles in YouTube
What exchange students say about their time at the HNU
- "I will remember this place for my whole life – I felt at home."
- "Of course I love Ulm and Neu-Ulm. I think Ulm/Neu-Ulm is a great city for students to study. I like autumn leaves in the city, it's really beautiful. I was sailing on the Donau River. I get to eat a lot of food that my country doesn't have like chocolate, cheese and sausages."
- "Considering both of them as one city, it's not too big but its also not too small. It has everything you need. Traveling is an important part of an exchange period and Neu-Ulm is known as the perfect starting point to explore Europe."
- "It was small enough that you could travel around the city easily, and it was big enough so that it had everything you needed. As well, I found it to be a good size so that most people spoke English but you were able to practice your German as well."
- "The level of education is very good and the classes are practical. Very important for me is also fact that university is located in comfortable place, close to dormitory and point of entertainment for students."
- „HNU focuses on practice-oriented teaching. In my opinion, such an educational method certainly enables me to learn a lot.“
- "I loved the HNU, this university and how people made me feel comfortable and like I was at home. The HNU has very qualified teachers and the International Office is always willing to help and very attentive. I will return for a master's degree."
- "I was once against studying abroad due to the fear of missing my family and feeling homesick, but the older you get, the more you understand that you only live once, and you will never know if you do not try. "
- "The reason why I chose HNU is my admiration for the landscape of the university. The campus is full of trees and fresh air."
Downloads and Links
- Flyer "Exchange Semester in Neu-Ulm" (PDF, 2.78 MB - opens in a new window)
- Instagram-Profile HNUrbuddies (external link, opens in a new window)
- HNU Fact Sheet for Student Exchange (PDF, 472.61 KB - opens in a new window)
- HNU YouTube Playlist "International" (external link, opens in a new window)
The HNU in numbers
- 1 modern campus with 2 main buildings, 1 lake and 1 sports and leisure park
- 3 academic departments
- 8 Master's programmes (5 of which are entirely taught in English)
- 14 Bachelor's programmes
- 80 courses taught in English for exchange students
- 90 exchange students per year
- 110 partner universities in 49 countries
- 4,000 students
- countless opportunities