To contain the Corona pandemic, the library will remain closed until probably 07.03.2021.
The library team can be reached by email and by phone on 0731 9762-2706:
Mon-Thu: 9am-4pm; Fri: 9am-1pm.
You can find more information on this page under "News".
No automatically loan period renewal from 15.02.2021
HNU library has to go back to manual renewal of loan periods:
- Starting on Monday, 15 February 2021, you will renew your loan periods online by pressing the renewal button in your library account in the library catalogue; there will be no automatic loan period renewals from that day onwards.
- This does not affect the number of possible renewals (which is 3 for most media): If your current loan period has been automatically renewed twice, you can manually renew it one more time.
- This does not affect interlibrary loan periods: These are still only renewable by contacting the library team.
The reason for this step backwards is a serious bug in our library system that ignores reservations when renewing automatically. Thus in the current configuration, reservations are almost meaningless. In order to bring back the functionality of this feature, we have to go back to manual renewal, at least for now. This problem will be solved in a future system update and we will bring back automatic renewal after that. But we currently do not have any reliable information on when this will happen.
We are sorry for this step backwards. But we are convinced that this is the right way for customer friendliness – especially for those who are desperately waiting for books and have made their reservations.
Info about current library use
The library is expected to remain closed until 07.03.2021 due to the Infection Protection Ordinance.
- The library team can be reached by email and by phone on 0731 9762-2706 from Mondays to Thursdays 9am to 4pm and Fridays 9am to 1pm.
- The return box is accessible from 8am to 6pm Monday to Friday. You can enter the building through the outer door near the library.
- There are no overdue fees during closing time.
- Please continue to request an extension by mail for interlibrary loans that are due, as we are still obligated to the interlibrary loan libraries to return items on time.
- Borrowable media can be made available for university members to pick up in the lockers:
- Please send the list in alphabetical order (by shelf mark, “Signatur”) and your library number to bibliothek[at]hnu[dot]de, or reply to our usual notification mails (“Benachrichtigung der Hochschulbibliothek”).
- You will receive an e-mail when your books are ready to fetch at the black locker box. This e-mail will contain your locker number and the PIN you need to open it.
- You can fetch the books from 8 am till 6 pm (Monday till Friday). You can enter building A through the closest door to the library.
Using the library off-campus
Using the library off-campus
HNU members can access all of our e-books and most of the databases off-campus via EZproxy.
- Send an e-mail to the library
- Online contact form
- Phone: 0731/9762-2706