For HNU members and external customers:
- Monday-Thursday: 10am-3pm
- Friday: 10am-2pm
Further information can be found on this page under "News".
New database: IEEE Electronic Library (IEL)
The IEEE Electronic Library (IEL) database can now also be searched.
- Subjects: Electrical engineering, communications, and computing.
- Contains: Journal articles and conference papers of the IEEE (Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers).
- Language: English
- Access: Not all content is licensed, for full texts only please limit hit list to "Subscribed Content".
- Additional information: User Guide and Video Tutorials
Access is via the HNU network (also via EZproxy) and is limited until the end of the year.
Library use from 07.06.2021 also for external customers
From Monday, 07.06.2021, the library will be open again also for external users.
Among other things, the following services are possible:
- Entering the reading room and borrowing books by yourself
- Use of the research stations to browse e-books and databases
- Currently only available to HNU members by reservation: use of the reading room work stations
- Returning media at the return box: Media can still be returned at the return boxes in the HNU foyer (black locker block), not at the service desk. If you would like information on whether your account is now empty after returning these media, please send us a separate email to email@example.com.
- In the course of the reopening, the maximum number of renewals will also be set again at 3 renewals. Please take this into your consideration when planning your visit.
- more Informations on library use for HNU members und external customers.
For Corona prevention, the following regulations currently apply (more information here):
- FFP2 mask and hand disinfection: Wearing an FFP2 mask and disinfecting your hands beforehand, e.g. at the disinfection stand provided for this purpose, are compulsory.
- Scan QR Code: When entering the library, please scan the QR code at the entrance with your smartphone. Then directly indicate your planned attendance (30 min, 60 min etc.) when entering. If you do not know how long you will be staying, you can instead select "Check-In" when entering and then scan the QR code again when leaving and select "Check-Out". (If you do not have a smartphone, you can print out a personal QR code in advance; see chapter 3.3 in the Secure Contact Tracing at HNU guide).
- Book basket: Take one library basket per person, even if you would not normally need a basket. (We can use the counted baskets to ensure that the permitted number of people is not exceeded). When leaving the library, place the basket on the separate basket return pile.
- Distance: Keep a distance of 1.5 metres from other people, even during any waiting time.
If you have any questions, please feel free to send them by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. During our opening hours, you can also reach us by phone at 0731/9762-2706.
Using the library off-campus
Using the library off-campus
HNU members can access all of our e-books and most of the databases off-campus (opens in a new window) via EZproxy.
- Send an e-mail to the library
- Online contact form
- Phone: 0731/9762-2706