Study Counselling Live!
Giving study orientation and answering questions
Thomas Bartl, study advisor at the HNU, presents the range of courses offered at Neu-Ulm University of Applied Sciences and everything to do with studying every Tuesday - LIVE.
During the stream, our study advisor will of course also take the time to answer your questions about the individual study programmes. Thus you will receive valuable tips to help you find the right course of study.
Join the livestream and get to know the HNU better. Thomas Bartl answers the following questions, among others:
The courses offered at the HNU - what exactly is behind the courses? Comparison of university and college - What are the advantages of interdisciplinary and practical courses of study at the HNU? Full-time studies, dual studies or studies according to the "Ulm Model" - what suits me?
Interview about Live Student Counselling - What is it about? What is this? How can I participate?
Information for prospective students:
Upcoming dates, topics and guests
Every Tuesday from 5 pm on, Student Counselling Live! deals with various main topics (changes at short notice possible).
More dates will follow...
Instructions for the stream (via "Zoom")
Click on the picture above "to the livestream" or open this link
For stationary PCs we recommend the Google Chrome browser. If you use Zoom for the first time, you will be asked to download and run the application. Afterwards please confirm with "Yes". For mobile devices, please download and install the Zoom app from the Google Play Store or Apple Store.
Please enter a name (fictitious if necessary) and wait until the advisor opens the meeting for you.
Once you have joined the meeting, please check if you want to enable/disable your microphone and camera (bottom left).
You are now watching the livestream. If you are a prospective student, please type your questions into the chat window. Have fun!
April 21st, 2020
- Large overview: Presentation of the Bachelor's degree programmes at Neu-Ulm University of Applied Sciences. Get to know our university.
April 28th, 2020
- Introduction: How was the start of the current (virtual) summer semester? Guest: Katharina, HNU student (Business Studies in Health Care/5th semester), ambassador of studies.
- 1st topic: Presentation of the Business Studies in Health Care (B.A.) programme. Guest: Course director Prof. Dr. Würfel and student Katharina.
- 2nd topic: How do I use online tools to choose the right course of study?
May 5th, 2020
- Introduction: Katharina, HNU student (BGW) and study ambassador, talks about the tasks of the study ambassadors.
- 1st topic: Business Administration + IT + Medical Basics - Presentation of the study programme Information Management in Health Care (B.Sc.). Guest: Course director Prof. Dr. Focke.
- 2nd topic: Thinking about my future - but systematically! Homer Simpson, a 6-hole-drill and "Ikigai": What this has to do with future planning and choice of study, shows HNU study advisor Thomas Bartl.
May 12th, 2020
May 19th, 2020
- Large overview: Winter semester 2020/21: How do I apply to the university? Study advisor Thomas Bartl shows you which Bachelor's programmes you can look forward to and apply for in the coming university semester. At the same time, you will learn how to master the application process step by step and what you should definitely pay attention to. Guest: Jessica Wiume, Department of Studies / Student Counselling.
May 26th, 2020
- 1st topic: The bib. in times of Corona. Support in studying - The HNU Library: A place that creates knowledge. In addition to the wide range of literature, the HNU library also offers writing advice for seminar papers and theses as well as training content as YouTube videos. Guest: Timo Guter, HNU Library.
- 2nd topic: How do I find the right course? Criteria, criteria, criteria
June 2nd, 2020
Jessica Wiume, student counselling, represents Thomas Bartl.
- 1st topic: Study: First-hand experiences - HNU Study Ambassadors talk about their studies, their thoughts before their studies and why they chose to study at the HNU. Guest: Manuel, WIN student / Cindy, IMUK student.
- 2nd topic: Neu-Ulm University of Applied Sciences - Five good reasons for studying at the HNU + open question round for prospective students. Ask the student advisory service your questions about your studies.
June 9th, 2020
In this episode, Study Counselling Live! becomes Laboratory Tour Live!: The HNU has numerous modern laboratories in which students work and do research - don't miss it: Shown and explained live with a camera in your hand ...
16th June, 2020
- Large overview: Interdisciplinary courses of study - student advisor Thomas Bartl talks to you about theBachelor's programmes for the coming winter semester 2020/21 and presents them briefly and concisely. There is something for everyone here. Switch on, inform yourself and ask questions!
June 23rd, 2020
- 1st topic: Shaping the future with business studies + IT + communication. Presentation of the Information Management and Corporate Communications (B.A.) degree programme. Guest: Head of the study programme Prof. A. Kimpflinger.
- 2nd topic: Application - Preliminary internship for HNU study programmes. Everything you need to know. We will inform you and answer your questions so that you can successfully start your studies.
30th June 2020
- 1st topic: The fascination of the gaming industry. Presentation of the study course Game Production and Management (B.A.). Guest: Head of the course of studies Prof. Dr. P. Brune.
- 2nd topic: Bachelor's programmes for the coming winter semester 2020/21. Take the opportunity and ask questions about the program.
7th July 2020
- 1st topic: Economy combined with technical know-how. Presentation of the course of studies Industrial Engineering / Logistics (B.SC.). Guest: Head of the course of studies Prof. Dr. C. Prenzler.
- 2nd topic: Laboratory tour: The Logistics Lab of HNU. Guest: Fabian Frommer, research assistant for the field of "New Technologies & Concepts in Logistics" gives a live tour of the modern laboratory and explains 3D printing technology.
- 1st topic: 1 study - 18 main subjects. Presentation of the Business Studies (BA) course of study. This course of study enables a quick career start in management, independent of the industry and is very broadly diversified. Guest: Head of the study programme Prof. Dr. N. Homfeldt.
- 2nd topic: Beyond Buzzwords - compare study programmes and learn more about the concrete contents. Helpful for all those who are still looking for the right course of studies.
- Large overview: Our interdisciplinary range of courses - student advisor Thomas Bartl talks to you about the bachelor programmes for the coming winter semester 2020/21 and presents them briefly and concisely. There is something for everyone here. Switch on, get informed and ask your individual questions!
- 1st topic: When business management meets IT. Presentation of the Business Information Systems (B.SC.) course of study. Guest: Course Director Prof. Dr. O. Grieble explains how information and communication technology is used in companies and which skills the students acquire.
- 2nd topic: Winter semester 2020/21: How does the application procedure work? Learn how to master the application process at the HNU step by step and what you should pay attention to. Guest: Jessica Wiume, Department of Studies / Student Counselling.
- Large overview: The Master's programmes at the HNU. Did you know that three out of four courses are taught exclusively in English? That the HNU offers a Master's degree course (M.SC.), which is popular throughout Germany and can also be studied with a Bachelor's degree (B.A.)? We would like to talk to you about our four courses of study, which will prepare you for your future professional life in the best possible way, and inform you about the contents of each course. The application deadline is approaching - inform now.
Tom Richter, Marketing and Communication, represents academic advisor Thomas Bartl.
- Topic: Found the dream study programme but... More questions about the application? We are here for you. Guests: Natalie Steiger and Lena Hammer, members of the Studies Office, will support you with questions about the application process. In addition, we can answer your individual questions immediately and find a solution so that you can start successfully into the future with HNU.
15th September 2020
22th September 2020
Entry: The (extended) application deadline for the winter semester 2020/21 is approaching. In a brief overview, we present the five innovative Bachelor's programmes for which you can still apply until 30th September.
- Topic: Thinking about my future - but systematically! Homer Simpson, a 6-hole-drill and "Ikigai": What this has to do with future planning and choice of study programmes, HNU study consultant Thomas Bartl shows.
Start: Study ambassador Cindy (IMUK student) talks about her search for a suitable degree programme and tells us about her most important criteria at the time.
- Topic: How do I find the right course of study? Criteria, criteria, criteria. Thomas Bartl gives tips for prospective students - switch on.
6th October 2020
- Large overview: Interdisciplinary Study Programmes - Advisor Thomas Bartl talks to you about the Bachelor programmesfor the coming summer semester 2021 and presents them in a short and concise way. Switch on, inform yourself and ask your individual questions!
13th October 2020
- Topic: How to use online tools for a goal-oriented choice of study programme? The way is the goal: We provide you with "tools" so that you can find the right course of study.
20th October 2020
- Large overview: The master programmes of the HNU. We will talk to you about our four study programs, which will prepare you for your future professional life in the best possible way and inform you about the respective study contents.