Information Management Automotive (BSc)
The Information Management Automotive programme provides you with a solid knowledge base in the areas of business studies, management, information systems and information technologies. From the first semester on, you will begin to develop application-oriented skills specific to the automotive industry, in addition to specialised training in business studies and business information systems. Our specialisations allow you to deepen your knowledge of relevant topics for today’s automotive industry, such as the connected car and big data. Our students prepare themselves for their professional focus by choosing two of the three available specialisations: Car 2.0, Service Management Automotive and Performance Management Automotive.
- at least advanced technical college entrance qualification (valid in Bavaria)
- for international applicants: German C1
- the course of study is open to admission
What is meant by "no restrictions on admission"?
You will definitely get a place in a programme without restricted admission if you
- meet the admission requirements and
- register/apply “in due form and time.”
“In due form” means that you register using the designated means and forms (i.e. not via email, for instance) and that all of your supporting documents are complete by the registration deadline.
“In due time” means that all of your documents must have been received by HNU by the respective deadline for registration.
Your marks are not relevant for admission. There is no selection process, nor is there a numerus clausus.
Please note: receiving an admission notification following your registration does not mean that you are enrolled at HNU. In order to actually study at HNU, the next step is to enrol within the stipulated enrolment period.
- Basic Business Studies for the Automotive Industry
- Introduction to the Automotive Industry
- Automotive Engineering Basics
- Information Technology and Data Structures
- Programming Technology
- Mathematics and Statistics
- Basics of Logistics and Production
- Finance and Controlling
- Automotive Product Development Processes
- Communications Technology
- Business English Basics
- Project Management
- Business Process Management
- Sales & Distribution
- Car IT
- Software Engineering
- Business English for Automotive
4thsemester (in English)
- Automobile After-Sales and Service Processes
- Production & Quality Management
- Automotive Supply Chain Management
- Product Lifecycle Management & PLM Systems
- Business Information Systems & Information Management
- International Business Negotiations
5thsemester (in English)
- Specialisations 1 & 2
- Internship Semester
- Internship Semester Introduction
- Internship Semester Conclusion
- Bachelor’s Thesis
Possible career fields
In the automotive industry, there is a high demand for trained professionals who know when to apply what type of IT technology and how to recognise a favourable automotive IT application. These professionals make decisions on where certain applications can be used to improve the efficiency of production and business processes and work to increase the appeal of cars of the future.
Graduates of this programme find employment with car manufacturers, suppliers, dealers or service companies – e.g. in purchasing, sales or IT organisation. They provide support for IT solutions in terms of specification, selection, adaption, introduction and operation.
With your broad knowledge of processes, you will also act as an internal or external consultant. A vehicle as an end product incorporates communication and information technology as well. As a liaison at the interface to automotive development, you can play an active role in the implementation of integrated IT solutions.
Possible areas of responsibility
| || |
Language of instruction & international orientation
English as language of instruction in the 4th and 5th semesters
Year or semester abroad, option to complete internship semester or bachelor’s thesis abroad
There are no tuition fees. A semester fee is collected each semester, comprising an administration fee and a solidarity contribution.
IT usage within the programme
In the course of the Information Management Automotive programme, you will become acquainted with the IT systems relevant for the field. Here is a selection.
Business software, logistics and accounting
- SAP ERP: We utilise this widely used business software for various case studies within the framework of our cooperation with the University Competence Center
Production and quality management
- Apis: We would like to thank APIS Informationstechnologie GmbH for their friendly support and the free use of their FMEA software APIS IQ-Software for research and teaching!
- WEKA Media – TQM
Business process management
- ARIS Toolset
Product lifecycle management & PLM systems
- ARAS Innovator
- CONTACT CIM
- Group PTC Windchill
- SAP PLM
- Choice of individual specialisation from the fourth semester
- Professors available for advising from the first day on
Very interesting and up-to-date programme with a broad base, ideal preparation for joining the automotive industry. The interdisciplinary structure of the programme with specialisations in business studies, automotive engineering and computer science equips you with comprehensive knowledge of the industry. The computer science part is excellent preparation for the future!
Please note: The module handbooks were created at the time of the respective accreditation; they have been continuously revised and adapted since then. Nevertheless, there may be deviations from the current status. To view them, please refer to the subject descriptions for the current semester, which you can find on the intranet. In particular, there may be changes in the respective lecturers, which may also have an effect on changed course contents. In the event of discrepancies between the Module Handbook and the study and examination regulations, the respective study and examination regulations apply.