An inspiring place that enables students, researchers and companies to meet the challenges of the digital world in a creative environment and use design thinking, user experience design and lean management methods to create innovative solutions to master the digital transformation.
- Laboratory team
- Prof. Patricia Franzreb
Prof. Danny Franzreb
- Extended Team
- Prof. Dr. Klaus Lang
Prof. Dr. Daniel Schallmo
- Main areas of research
- Business models
Consumer and working worlds
Topics and fields of application research, teaching, transfer
The Innovation Space stands for Science, Prototyping and Creative Experiences. It is an inspiring place to find and test customer-centric solutions to the challenges of the digital world. To this end, methods and processes from Design Thinking, User Experience Design and Lean Management are used and, where necessary, implemented with digital technologies in order to efficiently design new solutions for digital transformation and consistently align them with the needs of the user.
These methods are trained and tested in specially designed creative spaces on concrete tasks. Characteristic for the new methods are the realisation and testing of prototypes to enable fast customer feedback and iteration in agile teams.
The planned thematic fields, overarching all fields of application are
Design Thinking, User Experience Design and Digital Technologies
- Development of creative formats
- Transfer of methodological knowledge
- Implementation of projects and workshops
- Application forms of digital technologies
- Research on user experience in mixed reality applications
- Development of mixed reality applications (idea to product)
- Use of mixed reality in creative work and prototyping
- In the process of Design Thinking
- Rapid prototyping through 3D printing
- Virtual prototyping in mixed reality
- Digital prototyping
- Mixed Reality (VR/AR)
- 3D printing
Specific laboratory equipment and facilities
The premises and equipment are specially equipped to meet the requirements of dynamic and cooperative processes, for the construction of prototypes, for the use of 3D printers for the visualisation of virtual prototypes and the associated production facilities. The application and use of digital technologies can be researched, further developed and made accessible to partners in practice.
The equipment includes:
- Flexible, stimulating equipment for creative work processes
- Rooms for workshops and teaching
- Multiple 3D printing systems for rapid prototyping
- Mixed reality laboratory for virtual prototyping and MR application development
- Classical modelling space for design thinking processes and in addition to digital prototyping
- Digital technologies for application and further development in business processes and for research scopes
You are welcome to visit us at the Innovation Space at John-F.-Kennedy-Strasse 7 in Neu-Ulm.
You can find out more about the reservation process here.