Why the HNU?
You maybe wonder, why should I study at the HNU? Neu-Ulm is a small and unknown town, isn't it? Where is it located at all? In our gallery we show you 5 good reasons why you should choose the HNU. By the way, this list is based on feedback from former exchange students.
Five reasons for an exchange semester at the HNU
What exchange students say about their time at the HNU
- "I think Ulm/Neu-Ulm is a great city for students to study. I like autumn leaves in the city, it's really beautiful. I was sailing on the Donau River. I ate a lot of food that my country doesn't have like chocolate, cheese and sausages."
- "Considering both of them as one city, it's not too big but its also not too small. It has everything you need. Traveling is an important part of an exchange period and Neu-Ulm is known as the perfect starting point to explore Europe."
- „HNU focuses on practice-oriented teaching. In my opinion, such an educational method certainly enables me to learn a lot.“
- "I loved the HNU, this university and how people made me feel comfortable and like I was at home. The HNU has very qualified teachers and the International Office is always willing to help. I will return for a master's degree."
- "The reason why I chose HNU is my admiration for the landscape of the university. The campus is full of trees and fresh air."
Downloads and Links
The HNU in numbers
- 1 modern campus with 2 main buildings, 1 lake and 1 sports and leisure park
- 3 academic departments
- 8 Master's programmes (5 of which are entirely taught in English)
- 14 Bachelor's programmes
- 1 Founders Space
- 80 courses taught in English for exchange students
- 90 exchange students per year
- 110 partner universities in 49 countries
- 4,000 students
- countless opportunities
Welcome brochure for international students
In our welcome brochure (opens in a new window) for international students you will find various helpful information that help you get started in Germany and in Neu-Ulm/Ulm.