Library for HNU members
Loan, renewal and return
Activate library account
- A library account is necessary to borrow books on site and to log in to the library catalogue, for example, to reserve or renew borrowed books.
- For the access to online media, only the IT account is required.
The library account for your HNU Campus Card must be activated once by the library team. If you are taking part in a cooperative study programme with the TH Ulm and have a card from the TH Ulm, this can also be activated.
To register, please fill out the following web form: Activate library account
Loan process for HNU members
- Before your visit to the library, please note down the signatures of the required media (starting with 100/...) from our library catalogue (open new window). There is currently no access to research computers on site.
- In the reading room you can fetch the required media yourself at the shelf. You can get an overview in our floor plan.
- Borrow the media at the self-checkout.
Extension of the loan period
You can extend the loan periods of all media from our stock in your account in the library catalog (opens new window) (opens in a new window).
- An extension can only be made if the item has not been reserved by other persons.
- The renewal period for books is 4 weeks for HNU students.
- Renewals can be made in the week before the end of the loan period.
- A total of three renewals are possible. If you still need the media after that, please present them at the library service desk: We will then return them and loan them to you again afterwards.
You will usually receive a reminder by e-mail 5 opening days before the loan period ends. Please make sure you keep your deadline on your own. If the automatic e-mail reminder is not delivered, this does not entitle you to a cancellation of overdue fees.
Interlibrary loans cannot be renewed by yourself. Please send us your renewal request via the contact form. We will then ask the library of the item's origin whether a renewal is possible.
Return of books
Books can be returned to the library service desk during opening hours. Outside library opening hours, you can put the books in the return boxes in the foyer.
Payment of fees only via Campus Card
Use your Campus Card to pay your fees at our self-payment station.
The seats in the library are without reservation.
Copy and scan
- The book scanner next to the magazine shelves can be used free of charge, you will need a USB stick.
- In the copy room of the library you can use the multifunctional photocopier and the book scanner.
Are there any lockers?
There is a white and a black cube with lockers on the ground floor of building A. There are two types of lockers:
- lockers for permanent use (mainly at the white cube, some more at the black one): You can use one of these lockers as long as you are an HNU member. In order to get a locker key, go to the post office (room A.0.14, directly opposite of main entrance) and sign the form handed to you. You can also download the form (PDF, 100 KB) and fill it in beforehand.
- lockers for quick and temporary use (only at the black box): You can use one of these lockers by entering a freely selectable four-digit code (detailed instructions at the black cube) and store your valuables while your in the library. Please do not leave anything in these lockers overnight. We steadily control these lockers and empty them if needed.